What makes a good cooling pad?
- The wetted surface area of the pad to airflow ratio
should be as large as possible.
- The cooling pad should not act as a filter, as this will cause a drop
in evaporative efficiency and supply airflow.
- Pads should be able to cope with high water flow rates in order for
the water to trap dust and other solids.
- A low resistance to airflow means low power consumption.
- Water flow down the pad should be uniform.
- Water should adhere to the pads and not drop off and be carried into
- Cooling pads should remain rigid, and should not sag or loose shape.
- Pads should be treated against UV degradation and
should not rot as this leads to bacterial growth and odours.
All Cool Breeze units are fitted standard with
the latest high quality Evaporative Cooling pads.
Evaporative Cooling pads are high quality pads constructed from fluted
cellulose paper sheets that have been glued and impregnated with a unique
formulation that allows the pads to have a high structural integrity as well
as high evaporation efficiency performance when exposed to water.
unique design allows for a low pressure drop across the pad whilst achieving
a high cooling efficiency. The
pad is designed to be self-cleaning and will retain its rigid structure when
exposed to water making it extremely durable.
Our pads are able to achieve exceptional wetting abilities to allow
for optimal cooling effect in the most economic and environmentally friendly
NOTE: We can supply replacement pads for all Cool
Breeze coolers as well as other makes of coolers and larger pads for Wet
Wall Applications. For more information please click
here to visit our Cooling Pads website.